Vitamins have a lot of benefits in the human body. When it comes to the general health of a person, vitamins should be included in the diet so as to help meet a certain health limit. Vitamins come in many categories. They can also be classified according to ones age since there are those that are more beneficial to people within a certain age limit. Below are 10 reasons why you should take vitamins.
- Prevent deficiency diseases. At a tender age, people are faced with many health conditions. Some of them are deficiencies that can be prevented by taking enough and required amounts of vitamins. Conditions such as rickets, anemia, among many other deficiencies are caused by lack of enough vitamins in the body. It is therefore important to ensure that you include them in your daily diet.
- Vitamins help to boost the immune system. Taking enough amounts of vitamin C can help improve on your immune system. Generally, they will help you reduce or build immunity to colds hence preventing severe symptoms in future. Foods that contain these vitamins are citrus fruits, strawberries, kiwi, potatoes and sweet pepper.
- Vitamins help in the absorption of calcium which is essential to the body. Taking enough amounts of vitamin D helps to prevent bone loss and weakness. Doctors have said that the best source of vitamin D is the sunlight but they can also be found in eggs, butter, fortified milk and some cereals. Generally, this vitamin helps in strengthening the bones hence a strong body.
- The immune system requires to be maintained within a certain limit so that the body can function properly. The human body immune system is delicate and requires being within a range that is healthy enough to enable your body carry out the different tasks one should engage in. It is therefore important to ensure that you consume such vitamins. The best sources for these vitamins are eggs, liver, yolk, skim milk and butter.
- Vitamins are also responsible for turning carbohydrates into glucose. Especially vitamin B which helps to keep your glucose levels under control. It is also important as it helps to maintain a healthy nervous system. The best sources of vitamin B are fish, nuts, sea food, egg, yolk and rice.
- Vitamin E is among said to have many health benefits such as preventing cancer, stroke and heart diseases. If taken within the limits, other benefits such as reduces signs of aging. Most of the diseases that can be avoided are all due to poor lifestyles that people have adopted hence by taking enough amounts of vitamin E can help to keep them at bay. The best sources for these vitamins are soy bean, wheat germ, whole grains and vegetables.
- Vitamin K is yet another important vitamin you should include in your diet. It is important as it helps blood to clot and helps to build and strengthen the bones. Whenever you get an injury, it is this vitamin that is responsible for causing your blood to clot.
- Vitamins are also good since they help to prevent incidents of poor memory and memory loss. This is good for the old as age affects their memory hence taking enough proteins can help to improve on memory.
- It improves on ones eyesight. Taking enough proteins can also help to maintain proper eyesight. Especially among the old and the young siblings, it is important as it helps one to improve on their vision.
- Pregnant women are highly requested to take enough amounts of vitamins so as to help in the growth and development of the unborn infant.
They help to lower the levels of cholesterol in the body. High levels of cholesterol in the body can lead to deposits of fats in the blood vessels which can lead to the blocking of the arteries. This leads to stressing the heart since the arteries are thick and can hardly function properly. It is therefore important to consume enough amounts of proteins on a daily basis.